The What and Why of CSI In Makomoto And Sebe Environmental Consulting
At Makomoto And Sebe Environmental Consulting we believe that CSI is an essential tool for redressing the social imbalances in South Africa. We believe that a coordinated and purposeful approach to CSI is important for maximum impact and sustainability of CSI initiatives.
As our organization grows, we will continuously develop strategic CSI programs that will attract the participation of our employees, clients and communities
What is Corporate Social Investment?
CSI encompasses projects that are external to the normal business activities of a company and not directly for purposes of increasing company profit. These projects have a strong developmental approach and utilise company resources to benefit and uplift communities and are not primarily driven as marketing initiatives.
Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Social Investment
Corporate social investment originated from philanthropy when the value it added to the reputation of the organisation was recognised. Previously, the terms CSI and CSR were used interchangeably, but have now been defined separately. CSR refers to an organisation’s total responsibility towards the business environment in which it operates. CSR describes the broader solution to triple-bottom-line matters of the 3Ps – profit, people and planet. CSI is one of the sub-components of CSR and aims to uplift communities in such a way that the quality of life is generally improved and safeguarded.
CSI Investment Portfolios
- Social Entrepreneurship Development
- Agriculture and food security
- Arts and Culture
- Job Creation
- Sports development
- Skills Development
Why develop a CSI Strategy?
What can CSI do for you?
- CSI demonstrates the ‘heart’ of your company and can enhance your credibility.
- Improve the living conditions of your employees, their families and the communities in which you operate, thereby creating a sense of employee satisfaction and loyalty.
- Contribute to and support your marketing tools: i.e. brand awareness.
- Align your company with industry charters: SRI (Social Responsibility Index) and GRI (Global Reporting Index).
- Stabilise the social and economic environment.
- Generate new business ideas.
- Generate inquiries about your business operations.